2021 Kaym Atlas 3 Knife Trimmer
- Machine Type: three knife trimmers
- Manufacturer: KAYM
- Year: 2021
NEW stand-alone three knife trimmer, European built, programmable touch-screen control, many unique features!
2021 Used KAYM Atlas 3 Knife Trimmer
A brand new machine built to the highest quality with full CE certification. A stand-alone machine for semi-automatic three knife trimming of piled or single copy bound books or blocks.
• Manual & fully automatic cycling modes.
• Two-man or one–man operation where the cut pile is returned to the operator if space restricted.
• 10” digital touch screen display.
• On-screen monitoring & guiding of electrical or mechanical faults.
• Microprocessor control with 1,000 programme memory.
• Servo system for automatic setting of side knives with measurement display.
• Single knife and two-knife function for other post-binding processes
e.g. after hole drilling a glued book block.
• Hydraulic top clamp with adjustable pressure.
• Quick-change top clamp.
• Cassette knife holders for quick-change.
• Double hand cut cycle buttons for operator safety.
• Electrically interlocked guarding with instant motor brake.
• Waste discharge belt.
• Motorised delivery belt.
In today’s digital print market the final finish of the book is often compromised by cutting on a paper guillotine. This not only increases the wear of the guillotine but takes up valuable time on the machine as the book must be turned 3 times! Further, the narrow clamp of the guillotine is not kind to the newly bound square spine of the book, often crushing it unless the pressure is greatly reduced losing control of the pile. The three knife trimmer has a whole surface clamp firmly holding the book or pile in position throughout the cutting process where the two sides and foredge are cut almost simultaneously. It is the correct tool for the job!